Rational Argument (and other things)

I just submitted my draft for the rational argument. I'm feeling pretty good about it, although I'm not sure if my paragraph about the United States' history of conlficts with Russia since WWII is necessary. Maybe I'll delete it for the final draft. Otherwise, I think I have done a good job. Mostly, I'm just happy that I'm mostly done with that assignment since it is one of three essays I have due next week. I have one due for my history class which isn't necessarily difficult, just time consuming. The other one I have is for business law. I have to write five pages on immigration law in the United States using at least four peer-reviewed law journals. Woof! I am not looking forward to doing that, to say the least. But that is a problem for the weekend.

Besides having to write those papers, I am not too concerned about finals. I only have tests for two of my classes, history and accounting, and I have faith in myself. If I study hard enough for accounting, I think I can get an A- on the final. I learned how to study for that class for the last test and I got a 90.5 on that. For history, I'm pretty sure I'll get a 95 because that is the grade I have received for every assignment and test in that class.

What is of greater concern to me is college football. The SEC champonship this weekend and we (as in Georgia) are playing Alabama. Of course, they're not the great dynasty they used to be, but they still make me nervous. In my opinion, Nick Saban is the only coach that can rival Kirby (our coach) and the fact is, the SEC is an elite conference. Like their saying goes, it just means more. Plus, we played very poorly last week against unranked Georgia Tech. Honestly, it was embarassing. Fingers crossed that this week will be better. Then, we have a bowl game which will hopefully be a playoff game depending on how Saturday goes. After that, the Natty (if we get in). We are hoping to make college football history by being the only team to be back-to-back-to-back national champions since the '34, '35, '36 Minnesota gophers. I think we can do it, but I'm still nervous about it.

Once again, I am unsure how to close. So I'll finish with a tried and true classic send-off from Kirby Smart: Go Dawgs!

Comments

Popular Posts