done (sorta)

I just finished the second of three essays I have due this week. I am very relieved but I am also concerned about accounting. We started to go over the study guide today and good Lord I was so lost. My final for that class isn't until next Wednesday so hopefully I will get my act together by then. Of course, I still have another essay that is due in approximately 44 hours, but I'm not very worried about that one. It is for my history class and will be the fourth paper I have done for that class this semester. As such, I understand how to write a solid paper for that professor.

Besides this semester being over, I am also excited for my mom's birthday. Tomorrow, December 7th, she is turning 60 (she would not be pleased if she knew I outed her age but oh well). Since my dad is a piece of shit (excuse my language but I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true) and my sister lives seven hours away, it is basically my sole responsibility to make her day great. My plan is to wake her up with a Mario Tricoci gift card and tell her that it's her gift for Pearl Harbor Day. It has been a running joke between us for me to wish her a happy Pearl Harbor Day before telling her happy birthday because we are both WWII nerds. Before we go to dinner, I'm going to give her a sweater and NCC car decal since her lease is up in February so she'll be needing a new one. My last gift to her will be a new pajama shirt and a pair of Christmas pajamas for my dog, both because she'll enjoy having him wear them and so that he can get good use out of the before Christmas. My only hope is that my dad doesn't try to pick a fight with her and say cruel things as he so often does.

Considering this is my final blog post, I will end with some sage advice:

1. It's never that deep

2. Don't flush until you've put the seat down

3. Know who you can trust

Thank you for a lovely semester Dr. Kyburz!

Comments

Popular Posts